Friday, August 9, 2013

TV on the Radio Returns With New Single "Mercy"

TV on the Radio have returned with their first work since the tragic death of bassist Gerard Smith.  The new single "Mercy" is vintage TVotR with their signature blending of distorted guitars and melodic synths.  Take a listen:



I am especially excited about the return of TV on the Radio because they hold a very special place in my heart.  TVotR once saved me from a strange phase in my life.  Somewhere around my fourth or fifth year in college I got into dubstep; a little too into dubstep.  Then TV on the Radio released "Nine Types of Light", an indie rock masterwork.  I sat down to listen to the album and was immediately awakened to a harsh realization: I had been wasting the last six months or so of my life listening to some pretty crappy music.

I owe TV on the Radio a debt of gratitude for helping bring me back to my musical roots.

RIP Gerard Smith

Here's the particular track that brought me back to my senses:



Let's hope that the release of "Mercy" signals more to come from these guys.

1 comment:

  1. I love learning about new cool music! Cool post D O U G :)

    ReplyDelete